Statecraft attorneys have significant experience bringing and defending major civil and criminal investigations and enforcement actions. With a team that includes a former federal prosecutor, we regularly represent and defend private clients in state and federal inquiries and investigations.
We have spent hundreds of hours before federal grand juries and in federal courtrooms in criminal matters, and we have represented targets and witnesses in civil and criminal investigations.
Noteworthy experience includes the following:
- While serving as a federal prosecutor, Kory Langhofer had primary responsibility for national and international criminal investigations. Cases involved shell companies, money laundering, cooperating defendants, undercover agents, and electronic surveillance.
- Lead counsel in the investigation and trial of a sitting Arizona State Senator before the Arizona State Senate Ethics Committee. The case resulted in the senator’s resignation before the close of trial proceedings.
- Regularly advises clients on internal controls and enforcement risks.
- Advises clients in connection with investigations and allegations by state regulatory agencies.
- Regularly files and responds to federal, state, and local campaign finance complaints.
- Defended multiple clients in federal criminal investigations concerning campaign finance law.