Benjamin Barr focuses his practice on election law, constitutional law, new media operations, and political privacy. He is the lead attorney for Project Veritas and James O’Keefe’s undercover journalism operations.
Noteworthy experience includes the following:
- Counsel to two chairmen of the Federal Election Commission.
- The United States Supreme Court favorably cited Barr’s First Amendment work in Citizens United v. FEC.
- Delivered several noteworthy victories in national political speech cases, including reversing former Majority Leader Tom DeLay’s prosecution in Texas and overturning a ban on certain political contributions in Illinois.
- Regularly involved in protecting high-profile clients from prosecutorial overreach with a focus on defending First Amendment rights.
- Safeguards clients against political espionage and infiltration
- Republican Party of Minnesota v. White
- FEC v. Beaumont
- McConnell v. FEC
- Lux v. White
- Wisconsin Right to Life v. Shoeber
- Anderson v. Spear
- Alaska Right to Life v. Feldman
- Lux v. Snelling
- National Defense PAC v. FEC
- Free Speech v. FEC
- Williams v. City of Cheyenne
- Wills v. Maxfield
- Brophy v. Maxfield
- Two Unnamed Plaintiffs v. FEC
- Ball v. Madigan
- Crookston v. Johnson
- Democracy Partners v. Project Veritas Action Fund